Jumbo Announces Record Half Year Profit
Mar 16, 2006
ASX RELEASE – Thursday 16th March 2006
|Half Year Period||December 2003||December 2004||December 2005||Growth 2004 - 05|
|Revenue||$3.3 million||$4.2 million||$7.78 million||
- Website customer traffic increased 45%
- Customer signups increased 36%
- Active regular customers increased 91%.
- Conversion of existing online customers to ozlotteries.com
- Partnership with “Affiliates” who are independent online marketers that drive customer traffic to ozlotteries.com and are paid on a performance basis (jumboaffiliates.com).
- Promotions to encourage customers to try the ozlotteries service via improved signup bonuses.
- Improvements to the ozlotteries.com website to increase customer loyalty.
|Half Year Period||December 2003||December 2004||December 2005|
|Cash at Bank||$1.03 million||$1.70 million||$4.46 million|
|Net Assets||$50,000||$2.00 million||$4.85 million|
|Net Tangible Assets||$38,000||$1.77 million||$1.52 million|
Growth Jumbo is continually seeking further growth opportunities through partnerships and/or acquisitions in the online lottery and gaming sector both in Australia and overseas. Online gambling worldwide totaled about US$12 billion (AUD$16 billion) last year, according to Christiansen Capital LLC, with lottery games representing about 15 percent of the total. By 2010, the consulting firm is forecasting that online gambling will total US$24.5 billion (AUD$32 billion) worldwide, with lotteries accounting for US$4 billion (AUD$5.3 billion), or 16.5 percent. ”The online lottery industry is in its infancy and significant growth opportunities will arise as the industry matures”, said Mr Mike Veverka. MEDIA CONTACT: Mike Veverka Sean Whittington Chief Executive Officer Senior Consultant Jumbo Corporation Field Public Relations (07) 3831 3705 (08) 8234 9555 (0412) 591 520