About UsStarVale provides lottery management, fundraising and payment processing services and technology to charities and non profits across the United Kingdom.
StarVale is part of the Jumbo Interactive Group: A ~ £500 million market-cap Australian PLC, with a 300+ strong multi-disciplinary team, working with leading non-profit and government lottery organisations across Asia-Pacific, Europe and North America.
Who are we looking for?We are on the lookout for an Accounts Assistant with prior experience of working in a busy finance/accounting environment to join the team based in Galgate, Lancaster.
- Are inquisitive and forward thinking
- Have an ability to build good relationships with and communicate financial information to non-financial colleagues and clients
- Are resilience and ability to adapt to changing business needs
- Have excellent at time management and organisational skills with the ability to push themselves and others to work to fixed deadlines
- Have strong Excel skills and numerical literacy
- Are professional and driven, demonstrating a keen intellectual curiosity
- Experience with Sage preferred
What will you be doing? Reporting into the Finance & HR Manager this role is a varied position providing good exposure to most areas of the business and finance function including management accounts, sales invoices, reconciliation work, budgeting, Sage accounts & payroll preparation.
- Finance Office functions, including Management Accounts & Sales Invoicing
- Sage Accounts
- Purchasing & Credit Control
- Bank reconciliation & reporting
- Sage Accounts
- Payroll preparation
- Resolving queries
Salary: $23,500 GBP p/aWe pride ourselves on offering a wide variety of benefits to our employees. In joining our team, you can expect:
Location: Galgate, Lancaster
Why join the StarVale team?
- This position is in the office 5 days a week – you are welcome to move to hybrid (3 days office / 2 WFH) upon finishing training and onboarding.
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion across the employee career journey.
- An Employee Assistance Programme where you can access free counselling and coaching sessions to improve your well-being.
- Focus on talent management, including career and skills development through Jumbo University.
- Global mentoring programme to further your career development.
- A short-term incentive programme that rewards your contributions with an annual bonus, dependent on company performance.
- Free on-site parking available.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging is at the heart of everything we do. All team members have an equal voice and opportunity to thrive. We foster a safe environment where our unique perspectives are celebrated, valued, and truly included and we can bring our authentic selves to work.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Meet the Corporate Services team
Our diverse skillsets span People and Culture, IT, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Legal, Risk, and Investor Relations. We love working in an environment that celebrates intelligent, hard-working people and produces cutting-edge tech. We each play a role in the success of the Jumbo Interactive Group.
Your Jumbo journey starts here…