Jumbo Interactive is committed to the protection of the Personal Information of individuals and is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”) under the Privacy Act 1988.
Any personal information you enter into Jumbo Interactive’s Online Recruitment portal is handled in accordance with the APPs.
This policy informs you how we collect and use your personal data.
Jumbo Interactive is committed to ensuring the collection, accuracy, storage, security, use, disclosure and destruction of Personal Information is compliant with the APPs to ensure that your privacy is protected in accordance with the APPs.
To be able to enter personal data in Jumbo Interactive's Online Recruitment portal, you must give your consent to the processing of your personal data.
By accessing Jumbo Interactive websites and/or submitting your personal information to Jumbo Interactive through any means, you consent to the use of your information as set out in this Policy.
If you do not agree with any term of this Policy, please do not use Jumbo Interactive's services, website or online recruitment portal.
What is Personal Information
Personal Information is any information about you that identifies you or by which your identity can be reasonably determined.
What Personal Information do we collect
The Personal Information that Jumbo Interactive collects about you may include your:
- Contact – information that allows us to communicate with you (e.g. e-mail, social media contact details, address, telephone number).
- Identity – information that allows us to identify you (e.g. name, date of birth, occupation, and government-issued identification).
- Professional – information that helps us to understand more about you including your employment history, qualifications, talents, skills and abilities (e.g. references, resume and qualification documents).
- Financial – information that allows Jumbo Interactive to pay you should you be engaged as an employee or contractor (e.g. bank details, tax details).
- Other individuals – information we request, or that you provide, about an individual other than yourself (e.g. previous employer and referees).
- Immigration – information that allows us to verify that you are legally permitted to work (e.g. evidence of citizenship, visa or work permit documents).
Why and how Jumbo Interactive collects Personal Information
Jumbo Interactive collects your personal information so that Jumbo Interactive may use this information to:
- Consider your application for employment and suitability for a role;
- Assist in your career performance or management;
- Send you marketing communications and information relating to roles which we think may be of interest to you;
- Develop tests and assessments in order to place you in appropriate roles;
- Pay you should you be engaged as an employee.
By accessing Jumbo Interactive websites and/or submitting your personal information to Jumbo Interactive through any means, you consent to the use of your information as set out above.
Furthermore, there may be occasions when Jumbo Interactive will source personal information from an external third party, or a publicly available source. In these circumstances, Jumbo Interactive will take reasonable steps where practicable to inform you that it has collected personal information from the third party.
Personal Information Security
Jumbo Interactive is committed to the protection of your Personal Information from loss or unauthorized access. We use a range of security mechanisms and procedures to protect the Personal Information we hold about you, but please be aware that there are inherent risks associated when transferring your Personal Information to us from other internet facilities or by email.
Jumbo Interactive makes all reasonable efforts to ensure your Personal Information is stored securely both in electronic and physical forms, and complies with the APPs.
Personal Information that is no longer required will be destroyed in accordance with the legislation and APPs.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be used to:
- Verify your name, age, address and identity;
- Research and develop our services;
- Maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems;
- Address any query, feedback or complaints you may have; and
- Contact you for any other reason.
Jumbo Interactive may disclose your information to:
- Unrelated third parties to enable outsourcing of relevant functions relating to the assessment of your suitability for a role;
- Professional advisers including but not limited to accountants, auditors and legal advisers; and
- Courts, Government and regulatory authorities as required or authorised by law.
Important Notice: cross-border disclosures
By providing your Personal Information to Jumbo Interactive, you consent to disclosures to overseas recipients.
Where we do provide your Personal Information to overseas recipients, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients undertake to protect your privacy. However, by consenting to such disclosure, you acknowledge that Jumbo Interactive will not be accountable under the Privacy Act for any breach of your privacy by the overseas recipient, nor will you be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act for any use or breach by the overseas recipient. You also acknowledge that the overseas recipient may not be subject to similar laws or principles as under Australian privacy law.
Access to Personal Information
You have the right under the Privacy Act 1988 to seek access to the Personal Information held by Jumbo Interactive about you. If you wish to exercise this right, or if you believe that the information is incorrect, incomplete or out-of-date, you should either correct/update the information by contacting us.
All requests to access Personal Information must be made in writing or by email and addressed to the Privacy Officer at the addresses listed at the end of this document. It is Jumbo Interactive policy to respond to any such request within a reasonable period of time after the request is received.
Jumbo Interactive will not charge you for making requests to access any information held about you, however, we reserve the right to undertake cost recovery for the provision of such information where it is justified.
If there is a reason for not granting you access to your information, we will provide you with a written explanation of the reasons for the refusal (unless unreasonable to do so) and inform you of the mechanisms to complain about the refusal.
Enquiries and Complaints
Information about the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles is available from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
If you have a complaint regarding Jumbo Interactive's management of your Personal Information or wish to correct information held by us or require further information, please contact us. Our policy is to respond to your complaint, correction request or query within a reasonable period of time after the complaint is received.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by contacting 1300 363 992 or by visiting the website www.oaic.gov.au.
Jumbo Interactive’s Privacy Officer can be contacted through the following contact details:
TMS Global Service Pty Ltd
+61 3 9321 2888 (phone)
+61 3 9321 2801 (fax)
GPO Box 2397
307/370 St Kilda Road